Friday, September 24, 2010

Crank.

Short update, since I'm frustrated and tired and don't want to accidentally start venting.

Date with the Philanthropist was really quite fun, but we had a nice talk at the end of the evening and agreed that neither of us was feeling any romantic spark. No disappointment or surprise there. Kind of a relief, actually, since it made me feel better about being so excited about the Musician (from last weekend). But since he was my first real "hey I met you online" date that had progressed to the second date, I was like, "Progress!"

On the job front, things are less exciting. I got called into work on my work-from-home day yesterday. Turned out to be a company-wide meeting to discuss how we are much deeper in the shitter for this fiscal quarter than anyone anticipated. Long story short, two people are getting laid off (NOT ME, THANK GOD) and the rest of us have been furloughed on pay for the next two weeks. At least.

Frick frick frick frick frick. Having a regular paycheck these past two months has been really nice. I've done things like paid off credit cards and put down payments on my student loans. I haven't done things like ... put money into my savings account. I've mostly just been playing catch-up from my months of unemployment.

I spent the rest of the day at work browsing Craigslist and updating my resume. Frick.

No comments:

Post a Comment