Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Restructuring.

So it's been a while since my last update, and a lot of things have happened. Externally and internally.

Externally, I've gotten some flak for my last blog, the majority of which is valid -- that I shared things that should not have been for public consumption, and which I regret airing. It was, as my ex said, "not classy." Other criticisms are less valid, but I won't get into that now.

Additionally, I'm learning the value of having secrets. I always thought that there was something wrong with having secrets, that it made you dishonest in a way to not share all of who you were with those closest to you, but I've learned the difference between having secrets and being secretive. I've also learned that it's not a pleasant feeling to walk into a room and feel that you're living the nightmare of walking into your high school classroom butt-naked. Sharing your secrets makes you vulnerable, and being vulnerable is something you must choose to be on a person-by-person basis.

Finally, I have learned that the value of a Saturday night on the couch with whiskey and friends and bad network procedural dramas is impossible to overestimate.

So, moving forward, I will endeavor to be open but not vulnerable, to be honest but not to pull open my ribcage, to tell the truth but not to open the truth up for public debate. And to always take time out for Makers Mark, friends, and Castle.

I guess it's my resolutions, two months ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment